Prior to 1962, there were only a couple of lighting sources, one was fluorescent lighting & the other was incandescent lighting. But with both these lights, the same problem of greater heat emission than lighting was prevalent. As a result of this, these bulbs emitted less light and more heat and had a short life. It is because of these problems that LED bulbs came into the picture. What is the difference between these light bulbs and regular bulbs? Read on to find out:
1. Incandescent light bulbs have metal filaments which allow electricity to pass through them. This results in the filament getting heated. It is only when this heat reaches the appropriate temperature that the bulb will start to glow.
2. Fluorescent light bulbs consist of glass tubes filled with gas. These gases are struck with electric current which produced radiation which is turned into light.
3. LED bulbs like www.ledhut.co.uk work based on the shifting of electrons. When electricity is passed through them, the electrons move through a semi-conductor diode which causes the bulb to glow and release maximum energy.
Now, there are a couple of types of LED bulbs for you to choose from. They are:
1. High-powered LED's- These devices are perfect for giving light to large spaces.
2. Low-powered LED's- These devices are mostly used for attention purposes. Common examples include traffic signals, exit signs, camera lights, etc.
Let's take a look at some of the advantages of these bulbs now:
1. These bulbs consume a lot lesser energy as compared to regular bulbs.
2. You can't expect regular bulbs to last for more than 750 hours while you can easily expect LED bulbs to last for more than 30,000 hours.
3. These bulbs produce a lot more energy.
4. Since these bulbs have such a long life, they help in reducing environmental waste.
5. The designs of these bulbs are quite innovative. They are highly functional at the same time as well.
6. These bulbs are highly durable.
7. These bulbs come in a variety of different sizes & styles. This gives you immense freedom when it comes to choosing fixtures.
8. You don't have to use too many bulbs in a single room. Just one or two will be enough to light up the whole place.
Now that you know everything there is to know about LED bulbs don't waste anymore time. Start using LED bulbs instead of regular bulbs today.